Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trayvon's American Style Justice and The Mis-education of the Negro

With a few days to reflect and gather my thoughts, here is my reaction to jury's decision to acquit George Zimmerman for the murder of Trayvon Martin:

Shocked?

Not the least bit.

Surprised?

I was about as surprised as hearing thunder after a lightning bolt?

Disappointed?

No, I was greatly saddened for the anguish suffered twice by Trayvon's family: first, his tragic death; second, receiving no justice in the court's verdict. If, once upon a time, I had faith in the American justice system, I could be disappointed. However, due to the deep seated and stubborn racial hatred embedded in the American DNA: I expect her (America) to do what she always does.

Where does this leave us?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


Operate in wisdom

In other words, we can have faith that racism is never going away. Hence, our energy should be allocated to self-empowerment of our community. The type of empowerment that would insulate us and our children from being victims of racism.
 
This should serve as a red alert for well-to-do blacks that can afford to integrate: Be aware that even with your economic status, your children (especially males) are often racially profiled in their own neighborhoods. I know this from experience.

Carter G Woodson: The Mis=Education of the Negro (please read it again).

History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they have in the beginning.

Last, to the knuckleheads who want to loot and riot   

You are part of the problem and not the solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment