Monday, July 1, 2013

Paula Deen: The law suit is much bigger than the N-word

Miss Paula's Plantation
I was duped!

I initially thought the Paula Deen scandal was much ado about little or nothing. I felt like media and her sponsors were opportunistically piling on. In particular, the media, like sharks, relentlessly attacked upon sensing blood in the water.

In short, I felt Paula Deen was unmercifully savaged for using the N-word over 20 years ago.

And then, I read the actual civil complaint against Ms. Deen and her brother Bubba.

The suit is not based on some N-word used over 20 years ago: The complaint, filed by a white women, is based on years of sexual harassment and racial hostility.

The complaint is very disturbing. It explicitly creates a portrait of a family stuck in a racist antebellum time warp. It belies Paula's crocodile tears non-apology apology -- that fake "I am the victim y'all"plea to the public.

The complaint highlights:

Paula Deen, while planning her brother's wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, "I want a true southern plantation-style wedding." When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, "well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around;

Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant;

Black staff could only use one bathroom;

Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants;

Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those n*ggers in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”;

Bubba asked a black driver and security guard "don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could." The guy told Bubba he was fine as is;

Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*gger-rig it;

He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen;

Paula’s son Jaime's best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the 'Monkeys' in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula's $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged.

Read it for yourself: www.atlawblog.com.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, people need to know what this is really all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah agreed, we need to resist rushing to judgments -- whether pro or con -- until we get the important facts.

    ReplyDelete